Gain/Loss Info MetaTrader Forex indicator — displays the gains and losses for all candles where the given threshold is surpassed. The values are calculated in points and percentages. The forex indicator can calculate gain/loss in two modes: plain chart candlestick Close and Open difference, and the difference between current Close and previous Close. You can set min change limits (for pips and percentage), change modes, and control the output numbers’ font color. The Forex indicator is available for both MT4 and MT5.
- PercentageLimit (default = 1.0) — the minimum threshold for the change to be displayed; in percentage points.
- PointsLimit (default = 1000) — the minimum threshold for the change to be displayed; in points.
- CloseToClose (default = true) — if true, the indicator will compare the current Close to the previous Close; if false, it will compare the current Close to the current Open.
- DisplayLossColor (default = clrRed) — color of the negative price change display.
- DisplayGainColor (default = clrGreen) — the color of the positive price change display.
- MaxBars (default = 100) — the maximum number of bars to calculate the indicator. The higher the number, the more lagging indicator becomes.
- FontFace (default = “Verdana”) — the font face to use for display.
- FontSize (default = 10) — the font size to use for display.
- ObjectPrefix (default = “GLI-“) — prefix for chart objects for compatibility with other indicators.
Gain/loss Indicator info example
The mt4 chart above shows the example usage of the Gain/Loss Info indicator on GBP/USD @ W1. The percentage limit was set to 1.0%, and the pips limit was set to 1,500. The calculation mode was set to “Close vs. the previous Close.” The points count for the period is displayed below the candles. Percentage change — above candles.
It is nearly impossible to use this forex indicator to generate trading signals. Its primary purpose is to simplify the market situation analysis and make finding some bullish and chart bearish patterns easier. Of course, you can still use the data about abnormally significant changes as some entry or exit forex signals.
Gain/Loss Info Forex Indicator Free Download
Warning! If you do not know how to set up this indicator, please read the MetaTrader Indicators Tutorial.
Do you have any suggestions or questions regarding this indicator? You can always discuss Gain/Loss Info with the other traders and MQL programmers on the indicators forums.